The new year is upon us and in full swing now. Possibly you have decided you are going to start an exercise routine or add more vegetables to your meals.
Great, but how are you going to accomplish this without feeling overwhelmed by adding to your already busy schedule? **
We need to learn to say *NO*, in order to have time for what we want in our lives. We all have the same 24 hours each week. How do others seem to be able to do more for themselves? They do this by saying NO.
Saying NO, will allow you to add in what serves you better this year and eliminate what is not.
The consequences when we don’t set proper boundaries are limitless, but here are just a few.
- We experience a sense of overwhelm
- We start to blame others for our inability to spend our time the way we would like
- We start to feel stuck and do not make progress in our goals
- We make other people’s needs and wants more important than our own
- Our stress levels increase substantially
- We start to feel that life is just passing us by and we are not able to participate in a way that is fulfilling and inspiring
What to do about this?
First, clear your calendar!~ Then list your priorities, with most important items listed first.
Possibly your list might look like this:
- Meditation, quiet time, yoga, and journaling
- Time with partner and family
- Creative time for your purpose
- Now, schedule everything else